After the advent of the Internet, thousands and thousands of websites have started offering distance learning in Saudi Arabia options. Online courses have a wide range of subjects that cover the educational field as well as every other aspect of human activity.
Now, you can have online lessons as to how you should operate a microwave over and cook great tasting food fast. However, most online courses mainly focus on the realm of education. There are pros and cons in taking online classes and one should weigh their options before deciding whether this is the suitable and right option for them.
Benefits of Distance Learning in Saudi Arabia
There are several benefits to online classes and education, here are the major ones:
- Classes through the internet offer a great deal of flexibility to the individual in terms of time allotment and study schedules. These courses are particularly suitable for full-time employed individuals looking to enhance their educational qualifications without taking on the added stress and financial burden of attending a full time course.
- Online courses provide easy access to the faculty and facilities such as the library of the institution from the comfort of your home. It is easy to ask questions online to clear any doubts, solve problems and get solutions to difficulties experienced.
- It is easy to select from a wade range of subjects available from a range of institutions, you could potentially study with Harvard or Cambridge or your local/regional e-learning institution. The choice is entirely yours!
- Most distance learning in Saudi Arabia courses provide accelerated learning options, so you could finish the course earlier than normal scheduled and graduate faster.
- For professionals planning on enhancing their careers through advanced knowledge, online learning on the related subject matter helps in getting acknowledgement from the management and potentially early promotions.
- Finding the right course that you wish to pursue is relatively easy with Google now! One search will generate hundreds, if not thousands of results and options of colleges and universities offering the course of your choice.
Here we move on to the potential downfalls of distance learning in Saudi Arabia
- Accreditation and attestation, it is vital for the individual to investigate the acceptance and recognition of the degree certificate in the local ministries and government entities. If local accreditation is important to you, distance learning may not be the right option for you.
- Time factors influence the ability of candidates to reach faculty members when they are online, hence asynchronous learning is adopted. However, this may not be everyone's cup of tea and due to time differences around the globe responses may be delayed by up to 24 hours.
- You are your own study monitor! There is a danger of distraction, lethargy and procrastination setting in, and these can only be overcome through conscious efforts and practical steps to alienate oneself during study hours and focus entirely on the assignment at hand.