- Study from anywhere, anytime: The students who are working as well as those living in urban and rural areas save time and money on travel as they can study from their hometown or the beach – all they need is an internet connection. They can also pursue their studies even if they have a full-time job and an added benefit is the immediate transfer of knowledge from the books to the workplace.
- Self-paced learning: By enrolling in a masters of business administration program, students are in charge of how much they wish to study and complete the modules in their own time. This has proven to be far more effective for independent learners as it takes the pressure of them and they can enjoy their studies at their own pace.
- Lower costs: Let's face it, an MBA is expensive, the tuition fees can range from USD ($) 12,000 to USD ($) 40,000 depending on the schools, its accreditation and rankings. Top that off with high accommodation costs plus day-to-day expenses can inhibit the desire of studying further in many students. However, many online courses are affordable and they also save the students on accommodation rates, visa charges, forfeiting a source of income by resigning their current job. Edinburgh Napier University also offer MBA scholarships of USD ($) 1000 that can assist the students with the cost of studying for the prestigious course.
- Develop online study skill: The knowledge of post-secondary education especially having the proficiency of using different computer programs (Word, Excel, and PDF) is vital in today’s workplace. Students who study online for their MBA programs are more familiar with the various online tools make them more marketable for their future jobs.
- Global Support: Studying at home doesn’t mean you are left alone in your self-study environment. The Edinburgh Napier University MBA program is designed in such a way that their students receive great support from their tutors as well as students from all over the world. The online learning platforms are compatible with social networking sites where students can communicate with each other to interact, discuss and help each other throughout the completion of the course.
The students pursuing their online MBA program have the responsibility for their own learning. This makes them more disciplined in creating a balance of their daily activities and studies. These were just some of the advantages online learning has as comapred to campus based programs.