As a resident of Qatar, we are aware that you may be concerned about the latest developments in the education sector within the country.
Great news! The latest change in policy
by the Government of Qatar will see a new committee in the Ministry of Higher Education, which will work solely towards recognising and equating degrees pursued either via Distance Learning or Online Learning.
However, students will have to keep a few important points in mind, before making a decision to pursue a certain course.
- The committee will only consider distance and online learning courses from 4 countries, including the UK.
- The University must be approved by the local quality agency, such as the QAA in UK.
- Students must apply for approval from the committee before they start the course. For approval, the student must present:
- A letter of acceptance from the university for the chosen course.
- Letter from the university stating the course is a general programme open to the public and not designed specifically for a particular group of people.
For your reference, we have attached a copy of the article published in Al Sharq newspaper on the 6th of April, 2017, citing these latest developments in Qatar. Click here to view a copy of the article.
We are glad to inform you that all of our universities and programmes are QAA approved and we would be more than happy to discuss your particular needs.